Wednesday, October 10, 2007

My New Web Cam (Frontech)

Went to S.P Road (Bangalore) this week, and bought a new web cam...


It's a Frontech E-CAM (A Jupiter International brand).


Here's a photo of my new web cam:

The base of this cam also acts like a clip that one can use to place it over the laptop screen.
And the neck can rotate 360 degrees, which is pretty cool. I have known many web cams that cant do this 360 degrees rotation...
Best part of this cam is the night sensor. It has these four LEDs placed around the lens, and whenever it gets a bit dark, or you bring your hand closer to the lens, the LEDs glow by themselves.

At 640X480 max resolution, it sure does record a very clear picture with a decent frames per second.

Here are the specifications:

Pixel Resolution : 3,00,000 pixels
- Image sensor : CMOS
- Lens : F 2.2
- Focusing range : 30mm to infinity
- Colour : 24 piece(RGB), I420
- Resolution : 640 X 480
- Auto control : Auto-exposure, White balance, Amplification Control
- Programme adjustment : Saturation, Brightness, Contrast, Gamma, White Balance, etc.
- Output format : JPEG
- Frame rate : 15-30 frames/sec
- Visual angle : 30(upper & down), 360 (left & right)
- Storage Temperature : -40o C to 80o C
- Operating Temperature : -40o C to 80o C

System Requirement:-
- Operating system : Win 98 / Win 98SE / 2000 / XP / MAC OS9.22 or higher / OS X or higher
- CPU : P 200 MHz or equivalent processor or higher
- Inner Memory : Minimum 32 MB (64MB recommended)
- Video Card with 4 MB of RAM
- Hardware space : Surplus space 100 MB
- CD-ROM Drive
- USB support

Specification courtesy, http://www.frontechonline.com.

7 comments:

supernova said...

My my! Looks stylish!

AB said...

I bought the same webcam, but my version is 2218 and I am unable to find any drivers. If you can help me.

Many thanks.

AB said...

Forgot to tell you, do mail me at brotherbobby@gmail.com

Thanda said...

can any one send me driver for this cam to this e-mail:thandapani_pb@in.com

anonymous said...

can anyone tell me the model number of this camera..plz its vry urgent!!!!!

parthasarathy said...

Respected Sir,
i am parthasarathy,i have frontech cd and e-cam jil-2209. i want to install the cd and connect the e-cam with my pc .what are the requirements i have to take.please describe the clear procedure.

Unknown said...

I lost my forntech E-cam(JIL-2225)drivers. plz send me drivers